RUIS for Unity (version 1.10)
RUIS for Unity is tested to work on Unity 5.4.0 (both Windows and OSX are supported). Installing following drivers and software is optional:
- Oculus Rift is supported via Oculus Home for Windows.
- HTC Vive and all other OpenVR compatible head-mounted displays, as well as VR controllers such as Oculus Touch require Steam and SteamVR.
- Kinect 1 and PrimeSense sensors are supported only via OpenNI software (Win32).
- Kinect 2 is supported via Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0 (Windows 8 only). Tested to work with October 2014 release (2.0.1410) of Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0.
- PS Move controllers are supported via Move.me software for PlayStation 3.
See readme for further information.
TurboTuscany playable demo download.
Supports Oculus Rift DK1, Kinect 1, PlaySation Move, Razer Hydra. Requires a very old Oculus Runtime from August 2013, exact version number is forgotten.
mirror 1, mirror 2, 1080p version
RUIS for Processing (version 0.90)
Includes an example where RUIS is used to control Blender. RUIS supports Kinect, PlayStation Move.me, Wiimotes, multi-display stereo-rendering, and projector keystone correction! RUIS for Processing will work on Windows (32- and 64-bit), OSX, and Ubuntu. This release contains many improvements and bug fixes.
- You need Processing version 1.5.1 with Java.
- You also need SimpleOpenNI 0.27 library for Processing.
- If you want to use Kinect, you need everything that SimpleOpenNI depends on (OpenNI, NITE, PrimeSense drivers). Note that the SimpleOpenNI installation links in Ruis for Processing’s README.txt are outdated and should not be used. In order to get SimpleOpenNI 0.27 to work, you should download and install the following files: OpenNI-Win32-22.214.171.124-Dev1.zip, NITE-Win32-126.96.36.199-Dev.zip, SensorKinect093-Bin-Win32-v188.8.131.52.msi, and Sensor-Win32-184.108.40.206-Redist.zip.
- Wiimote MotionPlus controllers are supported only through GlovePIE (version 0.43 tested to work with RUIS, while 0.45 doesn’t seem to work). GlovePIE 0.43 supports only Motion Plus extension, and not the new Wiimotes that have built-in Motion Plus.
Further information about RUIS for Processing can be found in the Javadoc and the README.txt in the RUIS package.
Disclaimer: The software is released as it is. We can not bet held responsible what you do with it or if some harm comes to you or your computer. This software is under GNU Lesser GPL v3, (and/or possibly others, depending on what the libraries in use require).